Principles & Pandemic
~ Exploring the Deeper Truths of Our Time ~
with Rev. David McArthur, J.D.
You are invited to join us for this very special course to examine Unity’s spiritual principles and how they inform us on the deeper truths we are experiencing in this time of pandemic. The classes will be held via Zoom on Wednesday afternoons from 2:00 – 3:30 on June 17th & 24th and July 1st and 8th. Some of the questions we will explore include:
• How is the principle “God is Absolute Good” experienced during great suffering and loss?
• What does the principle “There is Only One Power” teach us when disease and death abound?
• If we create our own reality, did we create this?
• If we are evolving to ever greater consciousness, is that really happening now?
• Can we “get good out of whatever happens” or is the truth that “all that happens is good?”
• If “We Are One” is true, why are we experiencing extreme separation?
• Is grace present in this experience? If so, how do we experience it?
Join Unity Minister Rev. David McArthur to explore our spiritual principles and reach for a meaningful understanding of our journey through what, for many of us, is the greatest challenge of our lives. (As an added bonus, in addition to our Unity teachings, we may also consider how Lao Tsu, The Bhagavad Gita, and Winnie the Pooh might respond to these questions!)
Rev. David will lead us through this interactive, in-depth examination of our core teachings during which we will each be invited to share our understandings and questions as well.
During his 35 years of service as an ordained Unity minister, Rev. David led three, dynamic Unity churches in Montana, Washington, and California and served as Chair of the Board of Unity Worldwide Ministries. For many years, he also served as the Religions Division Director for the HeartMath Institute, teaching their transformative science and techniques to clergy and spiritual groups around the country. Rev. David is also the bestselling author of two books on human transformation, Your Spiritual Heart and The Intelligent Heart.
HOW TO REGISTER:
If you would like to attend, please register right away. The class size is limited and we will be inviting other local Unity churches to avail themselves of this opportunity as well.
To reserve your place, send an email to UnityNK@live.com with your name, the dollar amount of your love offering/donation, and whether you’ll make your donation by check or via the UNK website Donation page. Our intention is always to make our offerings accessible to everyone. The suggested, one-time, love offering/donation for all four classes is $40. All donations of any amount help make this event possible and are deeply appreciated.
Once you’ve sent the email, please either:
- Make a check payable to “Unity of North Kitsap,” note “P&P Course” in the memo section and mail it to: UNK, PO Box 1067, Kingston, WA 98346
- Follow this link to the UNK website donation page to make your love offering via credit card or PayPal. Complete the Donor Information portion of the form with your first and last names in the First Name box and then type “P&P Course” in the Last Name box as shown below:
By registering for this event, you also agree to the following:
“I acknowledge this event is being live-streamed and recorded by Unity of North Kitsap (“UNK”) and the class recordings may be posted to the UNK website, therefore, I agree UNK may use my image and voice in any manner and media. If I do not wish to be recorded, it is my responsibility to control the mute mic and turn off video options in Zoom during each class.”